HICKORY BUSINESS FURNITURE dba HBF
Hickory Business Furniture, dba HBF, warrants to the original purchaser that its products are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of twelve (12) years from date of shipment, except as noted below. This warranty applies to single shift (standard 8-hour day, 5 days per week) use, and covers products delivered in the Americas: Canada, the Caribbean, Latin America, Mexico and the United States.
Stacking chairs, metal chair frames, seating components including controls and adjustment mechanisms, monitor supports and tablet arm assemblies,wood, wood veneer, linoleum, low (LPL) and high (HPL) pressure laminate surfaces, solid surfaces, urethane, wood and wood edge treatments, and tailoring.
Electrical components and power supplies, ballasts, height adjustment mechanisms and pneumatic cylinders, casters, glides, exposed wood frames and legs, marker and tack board surfaces, granite, marble and glass surfaces, and replacement parts.
HBF Textiles covering materials including, but not limited to, textiles, leathers and faux leathers. Licensed products are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from date of shipment, except as noted under the exclusions below.
Warranty does not apply to product failure or loss resulting from:
- Acts of nature, civil disobedience or social unrest.
- Normal wear and tear.
- COM (Customer’s own materials) including, but not limited to solid surfaces, linoleum, laminates, textiles and upholstery materials, leathers, wood and wood veneers. These materials are subject to the original manufacturer’s warranties only.
- Failure to apply, install, clean or maintain products according to published HBF or manufacturer instructions and guidelines.
- Use of harsh, abrasive or acidic cleaning agents; and chemicals or agents that may alter or degrade the appearance, materiality and structural integrity of the product.
- Physical or chemical abuse, misuse, neglect or accident.
- Unauthorized alteration or modification of the product.
- Unauthorized repair of the product.
- Products exposed to extreme environmental conditions, direct sunlight or improper storage.
- Products exposed to outdoor use, unless manufactured specifcally for outdoor conditions.
- Products used for rental purposes.
- Substitution of any unathorized components that are integral to the performance of the product.
Warranty does not cover:
- Gubi licensed products are covered for two (2) years, from date of shipment.
- Replacement parts are covered for three (3) years or the balance of the original warranty, whichever is longer. Replacement parts for licensed products are covered for one (1) year of the balance of the original warranty, whichever is longer.
- Damage caused by carriers or concealed damage. Damage caused in-transit will be handled under separate terms.
- Damage caused by dealers and their subcontractors or agents.
- Custom and special product(s) are covered for three (3) years, and all other exclusions apply.
- Variations in surface and solid materials including color, grain, marbling, texture and veining.
- Variations in leather such as scars, wrinkles, and other marks.
- Variations in wood such as color, staining, grain, scars and other marks.
- Variations in textiles and other upholstery materials due to inconsistencies between dyelots.
- Color fastness due to aging or exposure to artifical or natural sunlight.
- Consumables, such as batteries, light bulbs and lamps.
- Products purchased “as is”, used or secondhand.
- Products sold by unauthorized dealers or installers.
Warranty Provides Exclusive Remedies
Under this warranty, if a product fails during normal use during the warranty period as a result of a defect in materials or workmanship, HBF will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace the product free of charge, which includes delivery and labor costs. If HBF determines the repair or replacement of the product(s) is not commercially practical, HBF may choose to refund the purchase price of the affected product.
This warranty applies to products purchased on or after June 1, 2017. For products purchased prior to June 1, 2017, please refer to the warranty terms and conditions in effect at that time
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE REMEDY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT AND NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY IS PROVIDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HICKORY BUSINESS FURNITURE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This warranty is non-transferable and valid to the original purchaser only. Warranty is enforceable only if products were acquired and installed by Hickory Business Furniture or one of its Authorized Resellers.